If you are concerned about the possibility of rising waters in your waterfront location near a river, lake, or even the Sound, you can obtain reasonably priced flood insurance through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Most private insurers neither include this in their insurance policies nor have add-on options to do so. Almost all communities with the state of Washington are eligible under the FEMA program, however.

For more information, visit Floodsmart.gov.

Federal Emergency Management Agency FEMA logo

Comment Feed

No Responses (yet)

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.